Why Homeowners Choose Mid Century Modern and Contemporary Garage Doors
Last month we spotlighted carriage house garage doors and why homeowners choose them. Today we'll focus on mid century modern and contemporary garage doors.
We've said it before and we'll say it again... today's garage doors are not only practical they're FASHIONABLE, no matter the style - traditional, carriage house, mid century modern or contemporary.
Even though some St. Louis homeowners choose a one-of-a-kind custom door, it's easy for us to dress up even the most 'basic' garage door with windows, color, panel patterns and hardware. This is true for any garage door and for any budget!
Wondering what exactly IS a mid century modern or contemporary garage door?
The hallmark features of these doors are clean, sleek lines and made from materials like steel, aluminum, glass or even wood. Some also describe the look as minimalist.
Shown above: Low maintenance gray garage doors for new home construction. Project and Photo Credits: ProLift Garage Doors of Savannah Ga
Windows and panel design will further impact a garage door's appearance. Panels are often flush (flat) and windows might be stacked vertically. As a rule of thumb, the more intricate the window or panel ornamentation, the higher the cost.
Shown above: Black steel garage doors with flush panels and vertically stacked windows. Project and Photo Credits: ProLift Garage Doors Wa
But is this style fitting for YOUR home?
Maybe. Maybe not. It all depends on your home's architecture.
For example,if your home has definite mid century or contemporary architecture these doors will easily complement the look.
Shown above: Lightly ribbed steel garage door panels in Chocolate with vertical window stack. Project and Photo Credits: ProLift Garage Doors of Haymarket Va
Shown above: Faux wood garage doors with square windows stacked vertically. Project and Photo Credits: ProLift Garage Doors of Denver Co
Nonethess, there can be some architectural crossover. Call it what you will, modern and contemporary garage doors MAY be a match for other home architecture styles as well. So in the end,'it depends'.
Here, take a look....
Shown above: Contemporary full-view glass garage door panels with aluminum frames for a brick ranch. Project and Photo Credits: ProLift Garage Doors of St. Louis Mo
Shown above: Steel garage doors with long raised panels and vertical window stack for a traditional ranch. Project and Photo Credits: ProLift Garage Doors of Grand Rapids Mi
Shown above: Black insulated steel garage doors with long raised panels and long top row windows for a Modern Farmhouse. Project and Photo Credits: ProLift Garage Doors of St. Louis Mo
Shown above: Tinted glass garage doors with black anodized frame finish for a home with a traditional design. Project and Photo Credits; ProLift Garage Doors Haymarket Va
Shown above: Modern insulated steel garage door (Clopay) with flush panel design and elongated, top row windows for a home with a Modern Farmhouse vibe. Photo and Project Credits: ProLift Garage Doors Haymarket Va
Still wondering if a mid century modern or contemporary garage door is best for YOUR home?
No worries. Pros like us can help because there's a way to create computerized rendering. These visuals can help a homeowner decide if a particular garage door fits their personal preference for style. When in doubt, ask for these images before choosing a door.
- Mid century modern or contemporary doors are a great choice for some home styles and some homeowners. It depends.
- Price-wise, these doors can be found from budget-friendly models to luxury high-end garage doors and everything in-between too. Door prices will range from several hundred dollars to several thousand dollars depending on the particular brand, material and other add-on features.
- Pros like us will provide a guaranteed price after: (1) seeing your garage with existing door (2) taking exact measurements and (3) discussing your thoughts for style, materials, and budget. Garage door design ideas and quotes are always free!
- Contemporary and modern garage doors (and other door styles too!) come in standard (least expensive) semi-custom and fully customized (most expensive). Other factors that influence the price include: specific door brand, quality of materials chosen and options for style, operation (openers) and door insulation.
- Contemporary and modern garage doors come in any color (or wood tone) and with (or without) options like panel patterns and window arrangements. .
- There are A LOT of choices nowadays for garage door design. Don’t get overwhelmed by the options. Just ask the pros!
Wondering if you should replace your current garage door(s) or if a tune up and repairs will prolong the life of the existing door(s) instead? Well, if you’re wondering about these things, just call a reputable company like ProLift Garage Doors. We know ALL about garage doors so you don't have to. We're happy to answer your questions. We're friendly and professional too!
If you live in the Greater St. Louis area – or surrounding communities - please give us a try by calling 636-362-6960 or by visiting our website. You can ask us questions or schedule an appointment, online.
Do you live OUTSIDE of Greater St. Louis, Missouri? If so, call 888-754-3063.
Other Helpful ProLift Articles:
- Looking for MORE information when it comes to mid century modern and contemporary garage doors? Visit our Houzz or Pinterest or Instagram pages for plenty of inspiration.
Project and Photo Credits: