Why Homeowners Choose Traditional Garage Doors
The last two months we've spotlighted (1) carriage house garage doors, (2) mid century modern and contemporary garage doors, and why homeowners choose them. Today we'll focus on traditional and classically styled garage doors.
We've said it before and we'll say it again (and again and again!)... garage doors nowadays are well beyond 'practical', they're a fashionable home feature and necessary for home security too. (This holds true no matter the door style chosen.)
And even though some homeowners (architects and builders too) choose a one-of-a-kind customized garage door design, the vast majority of people opt for semi-customization or even a 'standard' one instead. Why?
It's super simple for pros like us to 'dress up' even a basic door. How do we do it? We use interesting window styles, bold (or subtle) door colors, panel patterns with depth and dimension as well as decorative door hardware, that's how! And this is true for any garage door, regardless of style, and for all types of budgets!
Shown above: Dark brown double garage door with short stamped (grooved) panels, long top row windows and decorative handles and hinges. Project and Photo Credits; ProLift Garage Doors.
Are you wondering what exactly IS a traditional garage door?
Many folks refer to a traditional garage door as a 'typical' garage door and these are most often made of steel or wood, including faux wood; however, other materials might be used with the exception of glass which has a distinct contemporary or modern look.
The hallmark features of traditional garage doors are clean and classic lines with a rather timeless look, bringing a sense of harmony to a home's exterior. These doors come in standard size too - 8'x7', 9'x7' or 16'x7' being most common.
Oh and a traditional garage door will complement most any type of home architecture too!
Here, take a look...
Shown above: Bright white highly insulated steel garage doors with short raised panels. Project and Photo Credits: ProLift Garage Doors.
Shown above: Dark gray steel garage doors with short raised panels and top row windows with grilles. Project and Photo Credits: ProLift Garage Doors.
Shown above: Insulated steel garage doors in Walnut with an authentic wood grain appearance, long raised panels and arched top row windows. Project and Photo Credits: ProLift Garage Doors.
Shown above: Double garage door in soft gray with short, recessed panels, top row long windows and decorative handles. Project and Photo Credits: ProLift Garage Doors.
Shown above: Insulated steel garage doors with authentic wood graining, tall raised garage door panels, top row windows with grilles and decorative handles and hinges. Project and Photo Credits: ProLift Garage Doors.
Shown above: Bright white steel garage door with short raised panels and top row decorative window inserts. Project and Photo Credits: ProLift Garage Doors.
Shown above: Custom wood garage door constructed with Western Red Cedar with very large top row windows with grilles. Project by ProLift Garage Doors.
Are you still wondering if a traditional garage door is best for YOUR home?
No worries. Pros like us can help you decide because there's a way to create computerized rendering. Realistic visuals assist homeowners in making a final decision to solidify a personal preference. When in doubt, ask for these images before choosing a door.
- Traditional garage doors are a great choice for an overwhelming number of homeowners.
- As far as price is concerned, these doors can be found from budget-friendly models to high-end solid wood doors and everything in-between too. Prices will range from a few hundred dollars to a few thousand dollars depending on the particular brand, the size, the material(s) and other options.
- Pros like us will always provide a guaranteed price after: (1) seeing your garage with your existing door (2) taking exact measurements of your garage space and (3) discussing your thoughts for personal preferences when it comes to looks and budget. Best of all, garage door design ideas and quotes are always free!
- Traditional garage doors come in any color (or wood tone) and with (or without) options like panel patterns and window arrangements. As seen above, your door options are many!
- There are A LOT of choices nowadays for garage door design, no matter the style. So don’t get overwhelmed by the options. Just ask the pros!
Wondering if you should replace your current garage door(s) or if a tune up and repairs will prolong the life of the existing door(s) instead? Well, if you’re wondering about these things, just call a reputable company like ProLift Garage Doors. We know ALL about garage doors so you don't have to. We're happy to answer your questions: we're friendly and professional too!
If you live in the Greater St. Louis area – or surrounding communities - please give us a try by calling 636-362-6960 or by visiting our website. You can ask us questions or schedule an appointment, online.
Do you live OUTSIDE of Greater St. Louis, Missouri? If so, call 888-754-3063.
Other Helpful ProLift Articles:
- Looking for additional information and inspiration when it comes to traditional and classic garage door design? You can visit us on Houzz or Pinterest or Instagram too!
Project and Photo Credits:
ProLift Garage Doors of St. Louis, ProLift Garage Doors of Sioux Falls, ProLift Garage Doors of Chattanooga, ProLift Garage Door in Nashville, ProLift Garage Doors in Wisconsin, ProLift Garage Door in Virginia