Choosing a Garage Door with Pro-Lift Doors
Your garage door is one of your home’s most noticeable, visible features. Investing in your garage door is a great way to boost your home’s style and design. There are countless garage doors to choose from, but Pro-Lift Garage Doors will help you find a door that fits your home. In this article, Pro-Lift Garage Doors will discuss what design features to consider when purchasing a new garage door.
There are three primary types of garage doors you can choose from:
- Swing-Out: Swing-out garage doors are a great option if you want a unique look and easy access. These doors will allow for plenty of space. They are a great option if you use your garage for storage or own any large vehicles or machinery.
- Roll-Up: Roll-up doors are perhaps the most popular. These garage doors are stored in an overhead frame and roll down on tracks. Roll-up doors are a great option if you are on a budget.
- Slide to the Slide : Slide to slide garage doors offer a unique design that are ideal for people who need a lot of space under their garage ceiling. If you own surfboards, canoes, or snowboards this is a great option.
The material you choose for your garage door will dramatically impact the cost. Like garage door styles, there are three primary materials garage doors are made out of:
- Aluminum: Aluminum is an inexpensive material for your garage door. Aluminum is a great option for families on a budget who still want a strong, reliable door. Many aluminum doors are light weight and dent-resistant.
- Wood: Wood is a classic material that will bring a little charm to your home. If you are looking for a unique door, wood can easily be custom designed. Of course, this is an expensive option, but it’s a great choice if you really want to pronounce the exterior of your home.
- Steel: If you want a low-maintenance door, steel is the way to go. Steel is relatively inexpensive and strong. However, steel can ware easily making this inexpensive, low-maintenance door potentially more work.
Depending on the size of your garage door it may need to be insulated. Insulated doors can reduce your energy bill and provide a more finished look to your garage. It is likely unnecessary to insulate your entire garage, just the shared wall to your house. We can absolutely insulate your garage for a more energy efficient home.
Your garage door is an important part of your home. It effects your home’s appearance and its security. Pro-Lift Garage Doors will help you find a door that fits your home. With over 40 years in the field we are are trusted, reliable furnace. Our team of highly-trained technicians will help you find and install the perfect for your home. To set an appointment with our team give us a call at: (888) 754-3063. We look forward to hearing from you!
Thank you, for reading our blog at Pro-Lift Garage Doors!